Transition Girl

Why transition girl?... Best answered by a quote from the Iliad....."The soul was not made to dwell in a thing; and when forced to it, there is no part of that soul but suffers violence."

Friday, February 05, 2010

The Road Less Travelled






















Just clocked up almost two and a half thousand kilometres on a seven day road trip. A wee bit longer than the average Sunday drive and done sans laptop (and in fact limited access to news, papers or anything that would distract me from a week of quiet contemplation and catching up with some of my oldest and dearest friends).

I started my break with a dream about nuclear war (eek!) and finished with some decent research for the second novel completed with a few strong dramatical threads to start building the story and a number of book recommendations from various folk that should keep me out of mischief for much of the rest of the year.

I also decided to take the long way there, driving my way along the Princes Highway starting from Melbourne - the scenic coastal route (though the breathtaking ocean views were north of the Victorian border starting from Eden in the State of New South Wales). It was mostly smooth driving except for the fires near Mallacoota about six hours into the first day's drive. (Thankfully, the fires were well east of the highway.)

The pictures are from my favourite parts of the drive (noting some are courtesy of Google maps).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home