Transition Girl

Why transition girl?... Best answered by a quote from the Iliad....."The soul was not made to dwell in a thing; and when forced to it, there is no part of that soul but suffers violence."

Friday, February 05, 2010

youthful idealism lost

Reminded about a poem I once heard in what was a poorly reviewed film, The Invisible, though the reading of this poem alone made the film worthwhile to me. The poem, In the Night, was about putting on a mask during the day - pretending - and the numbness and mindlessness that comes with that. And then the sadness masked consumes at night. Or as a friend of mine described it, loneliness and wanting to escape from a world that hurts and feeling the truth in separation. The truth in being alone.

Day burns down to night;
Burns the edges of my soul.
In the night
I break into Sparks of suns,
And become the fires end.
The dust of bones...
Night knifes my breath,
Swallows whole my tongue.
Turn back reverse return.
In the night
I see The real concealed
In the days bright lie.
Eyes stitched shut;
White teeth smile.
Sleep walks, And talks,
And feet Mark time
To the drum less beat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully said.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home